Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Revealing

Last week, a friend of mine challenged her
blog-followers to take pictures
right then, without cleaning,
to be honest about what "state"
the house is in.

Which truthfully is hard for me,
because a clean house is something
I LOVE.
And even force upon my kids
on a daily basis.

So to reveal my dirty corners,
is a little...hard.
But here is what I found as I walked around the house.
The classic dirty diaper thrown to the door
needing to go out to the trash,
and a cup the kids decorate my home with.

Ahh, yes, the master bedroom.
With the comforter that gets put on the bed 15%
of the time, laundry baskets on the left that need
to be put away, a basket on my floor that is supposed to
be downstairs holding the remote controls (but never does)
and Larry's drawers on the left always, always, always
piled high.

The infamous laundry room.
The catch-all.
A dryer probably full of towels that need
to be folded, Larry's shirts that are SCREAMING
to be ironed, my church bag on the floor
(where it will remain until the next Sunday),
and baskets full of clothes that I've been
meaning to take to a 2nd hand store for the
past 2 months.

Lastly, the kitchen.
This room bugged me the most,
because I had JUST cleaned it from breakfast,
gone upstairs to the computer for 15 mins
to find it in this condition.
A chip bag emptied and crumbs spilled from table-top
to floor, a cup of milk drizzling across the table
and my purse on the island, obviously
been rummaged through for a tasty
stick of gum.

This is my home.

This is my mess.

3 comments:

chattypatra said...

You are far more courageous than me. No way in heck am I posting pictures of the apocalyptic state of my apartment! I'm giving you a medal.

Camille said...

You are a stay-at-home Mom of 4. Your house looks lived in!!!! Which is JUST how it should look!!

But, I do have to agree with you....I LOVE having a clean house!! It really makes me a happier person, and helps me think better too!

Liz said...

THose pictures look strangely familiar. Oh yes, they kind of look like my house.
Boy can I relate to sitting onthe computer for 15 minutes to find a complete mess in the kitchen.