Thursday, May 21, 2009

Barnyard Musical

Singing and dancing has been a long-time favorite of mine.
Years ago my sister performed in a "road show"
that brought to life the movie of
7 BRIDES FOR 7 BROTHERS.

Ever since then it has been a top contender for my list of
greatest musicals.
I have also been lucky enough to share with my kids
love and artistic appreciation.

This week Sydney performed in a school musical called
"Barnyard Musical".

Syd was soooo excited to show us all
the songs that they had been working on through out the year.
Each class was a different animal.
Her class were the goats.
They sang a song about "goat cheese" on top of pizza.
Called, "Making a Pizza Pie".

As we walked to the school I was shocked
to see how many people got there early
and "set up camp".

Who knew?


Ms. Lee is introducing the classes.
Sydney says that she's a great music teacher.

Since I was out of the loop on the necessity
of getting to the performance 2 hours early,
I was unable to get any good shots of Sydney.

Obviously!

Just follow the arrow.
It's like playing "I Spy".

I guess the bad part about being TALL,
is that you're always in the back.

Mrs. Leahy and Sydney.

Truly I'm surprised at how far Sydney has come along.
She's reading, writing, doing FRACTIONS
and all because of her fabulous teacher!

I knew my daughter was a "good kid",
but to be able to be good EVERY SINGLE DAY.
For 7+ hours!


The sweet satisfaction if doing a job well done!

3 comments:

Jess said...

What a brilliant idea that their costumes include their names so your kid is always easy to find. Way to go, Sydney!

Camille said...

Your school has a music teacher? Nice! The school's here don't...oh the joys of living in the Los Angeles school district!!! Congrats to Sydney!! She is so cute!!

Michelle said...

Very cute!
Yeah, we learned about the need to stake our place after the 1st school assembly with Nathanael. We are now there early all the time. It is worth it to be able to get a good shot of your kid without a million little arms and legs or someones huge head in your pic.