Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Quick Little Whipper-snapper

The other night Ben surprised us all by telling us he wanted to
sit on the potty before he jumped into the shower.
So Larry put him on and he proceeded to empty his bladder!

Say what?!?

My little 2 1/2 yr old boy is ready for potty training.
I had all but written boys off to not even trying until almost 3.
Maybe trying a little this summer.

But I guess we'll start now.

So today I made a chart, brought out some undies,
roped off the kitchen to contain him and
loaded him up with sugary drinks.

By the end of the day,
he held himself through his nap and
instantly empty his bladder in the potty upon waking,
got up from dinner and made it to the potty
with only 2 drops on his chair
AND
then ended the night by getting out of the tub
and relieving himself in the potty again.

WOW!

I'm seriously impressed.

Soon I'll have only 1 kid in diapers?
Oh yes!
There is a God!

4 comments:

Sharron said...

I must tell Mariah to check out your post . . . she will be so ticked!! Garrett is at that no thank you, or no I don't want a cheese stick, or no way! stage and mind set.

Mariah said...

I need to borrow some girls to put some pressure on these boys of mine that will pee in the dessert but not on the darn potty. Congrats Ben!

Jess said...

I'm jealous! Do you think he can get Emma to do it?

Jenn S. said...

Incredible!!

Goooooo Ben!