Monday, May 25, 2009

A Quick Dip to an Oklahoma Baptism

A few weeks ago I (Larry), yes it is me writing on Rachel's (I mean our family blog) for the first time. Anyways, a few weeks ago my mom called and told me a cousin of her's/mine had been talking to a friend about the church and was interested. She didn't know how to get a hold of the missionaries, so I got the call. After perusing LDS.org I found the referral number for the mission mormonaries and gave it to my mom so she could refer them to my cousin Pam. So long story short she had talked with the missionaries and decided to join the Church. My cousin lives in California but was to be baptized in Oklahoma. Her friend Les who lives in Indiana has a place in Oklahoma where he stays during the summer, etc. Anyways, she decided she would be baptized in OK. So I made the trek there to be at her baptism, speak on baptism, and be a witness for the baptism. Rachel and the kids opted out of the 3+ hour drive, since there was no way the kids were going to go to sacrament and then sit in the car for over three hours, try to sit and be reverent through the baptism, and get back in the car for another three hours. However, I made the trip and got to be able to see a member of my family (although a little distant) make the wonderful decision to follow Christ and join His Church. Below is my cousin and Les who performed the baptism.


This is a picture of my cousin Pam and I after her baptism (hence no tie, but I swear I did wear one). Can you see the family resemblance? She is my cousin once removed, I think.... Anyways, it was a great if not tiring trip and I am excited to have more relatives in the gospel.

3 comments:

Sharron said...

The second little chink in their armor . . . this was happy news. We are still waiting for one of Jon's relatives to let the cracks run and see the joy that the whole truth can bring.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Larry! What a wonderful feeling to have a family member (no matter how distant) be a part of God's Kingdom! Nan & Jeff

chattypatra said...

Larry, that is amazing news! Many congratulations to your cousin, who looks so happy and beautiful in her pictures. I think it's wonderful that you were able to drive there in order to support her! :)


P.S: Tell her I love her dresses!