This morning I got up super early to beat the crowds and
enjoy fresh pickings of the newly stocked aisles at the grocery store.
(thanks to Larry for getting up early with the kids, he's a trooper!)
There's nothing more relaxing then to be able to focus on the $$ saving
aspect of the groceries and
not whining kids that want to run up and down every aisle.
I spent the previous 2-days organizing myself
by searching through coupons, online coupons, the store ad
and then making a 2 week meal list.
(it's a tedious process, but a necessary one)
The funny part is that coupons aren't ALWAYS the biggest
$ savers.
Most of the time, even with a coupons purchasing the store
brand can save you more.
And after all was done I came out saving $46!!
But I'm also excited to say that my $ making is getting better too.
Currently my "ehow" articles have profited me a
WHOPPING
$7.11!!!
I'm rich!
(kind of)
enjoy fresh pickings of the newly stocked aisles at the grocery store.
(thanks to Larry for getting up early with the kids, he's a trooper!)
There's nothing more relaxing then to be able to focus on the $$ saving
aspect of the groceries and
not whining kids that want to run up and down every aisle.
I spent the previous 2-days organizing myself
by searching through coupons, online coupons, the store ad
and then making a 2 week meal list.
(it's a tedious process, but a necessary one)
The funny part is that coupons aren't ALWAYS the biggest
$ savers.
Most of the time, even with a coupons purchasing the store
brand can save you more.
And after all was done I came out saving $46!!
But I'm also excited to say that my $ making is getting better too.
Currently my "ehow" articles have profited me a
WHOPPING
$7.11!!!
I'm rich!
(kind of)
4 comments:
I do almost the same thing, but I save all my coupons in my little coupon organizer, that way when there is something on sale I can get it at the sale price with the coupon on top of it. So far I've gotten hot dogs for free and BBQ sauce for free after sale and coupon. I can usually get things like cereal, etc for under a dollar after sale and coupon. It requires a little more time and I have to store all the coupons while I wait for those items to go on sale, but I usually can keep our bill between 100 and 150 dollars. It would be even less but Gabriel's soy free lactose free diet includes expensive food in brands that don't go on sale or get coupons. GRRRR
Doesn't shopping take on a whole new dimension with kids running up and down the isles?
Oh girls . . . your comments just warm your mothers' hearts . . . . LOL! Revenge is so SWEET!!!
Good for you doing all this to help stre-e-e-tch those dollars! Check out this link:http://liz-familyroost.blogspot.com/2008/11/coupon-shopping.html
This friend of mine is amazing and you might find even more ideas!
Hey, we (me and Emma) were at the story early this morning too! I still can't figure out how to shop with 2 kids, so early Saturday morning it is...
Way to go on the money saving (and earnings)! You bargain shopper, you! :)
Post a Comment