Friday, May 01, 2009

My Reply

I just couldn't help myself. I had to write back to our dear Mr. Alvin. Who so graciously offered to pay me a month in advance for "tutoring".

And remarkably, I haven't heard back from him.

Interesting.



Mr. Alvin,
That sounds like a very sudden offer. Your son has never met me. He might not like my teaching style or the books that I use. If a student talks back to me many times I put them in the corner with a dunce cap. Or I have them do push-ups and jumping jacks until full physical pain is accomplished. That way they will be willing to do anything I ask. Like scoop the dog poop in the front yard, scrub my toilets and clean the rims on my car with a toothbrush.
Plus paying one month in advance is not enough of an incentive for me. Having lessons 3 times a week is a large commitment. To take on such a deal I would need at least to be paid 6 months in advance. And if we are going to be teaching lessons 3 times a week for 1 hour at a time you would need to be paid $50 per lesson. Which is $150 a week. I am surprised you are not more insistent at knowing the exact amount that is required of you to pay. Are you so rich that such troubles are not important? Does money grow on trees for you? If they do please bring this special money tree with you upon the first lesson and I'll have your son dig a hole for me in my backyard. A money tree would match perfectly in my yard decor. Please let me know if this is still something you are considering. The payment total for the 6 months needed is : $5,800.
Thank you.
Rachel



P.S. I did report him to craigslist and to a government agency! ;)

8 comments:

Camille said...

I won't lie. this made me pee a little.

I am laughing so hard.

Kirsten said...

Oh me, Oh my! Love it!
Good job!

Mariah said...

Love it! It's nice to be able to actually say what's on our mind sometimes.

Spencer and Audrey said...

Love it!

Carrie said...

Excellent! Well done, Rachel!

Sharron said...

LOL Good girl! This reminds me of the time that Mariah told an army recruiter that she would only join if she could go in as a general cause she didn't want to be told what to do!

So did you get any legitimate responses?

Jennifer said...

I love it Rachel! It's perfect!!

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

Did anyone notice that my math was TOTALLY OFF? That was my sly way of being a jerk. I was hoping they would write back with an OK. But NO SUCH LUCK!!